After spending months or even years writing and polishing your book it can be easy to simply wash your hands of it and move on to something else. Why stop there?
Repurposing the material you spent so much time gathering, can be even more beneficial than the actual book. The list below outlines some good reasons for you to continue working with your book’s material:
- Limited income – There is no guarantee your book will generate enough sales to provide you with a decent income. By repurposing the content from your book into other products or services you can increase your earnings substantially.
- Create multiple paydays with passive income. First you need to understand what is passive income. Passive income involves having products which are available for purchase from your website 24–7, without any further contact with you. For example if you have turned some of the material from your book into audio recordings, small reports, booklets, or even your book itself and have listed them on your site with a payment method, you have generated passive income.
- Provide marketing material – You may need material for press releases, author bios, promotional videos and even free bonus gifts. These items can be derived from your book, and may be: submitted to the media upon request; used at your book launches’ or given away during your book tour.
- Develop a teaching career – By repurposing your content into E-courses or live classes you may even develop a second career teaching others about your subject. As an author of a non-fiction book you will be considered an expert on the subject and will therefore be qualified to teach others.
- Get launched as a speaker – You will be invited to speak at conferences, meetings and other live events. By repurposing your content into these presentations, you will be prepared and these presentations can then be recorded and sold as either videos or audios.
- Create a coaching program to work with others who need help on your topic. This will probably be one-on-one or in group settings with detailed instructions or a blueprint to follow. Coaching programs can be short term or continue over a longer period of time if needed.
- To sell physical products – These can be include Work Books, E-Courses, CDs, booklets, audio recordings, reports, or videos that can be sold online or in retail stores.
And one more reason…
- By repurposing the material from your book into articles for trade publications or magazines you will enhance your career, further establish your credibility and authority as an expert in your field and increase your earning potential.
Are there any reasons why you should not re-purpose the content from your book? Can’t think of any. Re-purposing your book’s content is a win-win situation for everyone.
Over to you…What methods have you used to repurpose your content?
PHOTO CREDIT: Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net