In a previous issue of BestSeller Gems I shared how you can create your email signature to include links to your books. Why do you need email, even while using social media? Consider these reasons:
- If you want to hear from someone, what do you give them? Your email address, right?
- Email marketing is one on one.
- You have full control over what you send to your connections.
- It allows you to connect with and learn more about your readers.
- By growing your lists, you are developing connections for your next book.
How do you get started on your list:
- Let your friends/colleagues know that you are writing and share with them by email. Let them know that they can receive regular updates on your progress by filling up a simple form.
- Sign up for an email subscription system, such as MailChimp or AWeber.
- Decide on what you will be sending to your list and invite them to share with others.
- Include a Sign Up Form on your blog.
- Think one on one as you send your information to your list. For example, ‘How will Candy benefit from this week’s Newsletter?‘
- Request as minimal information as possible on your sign up forms. Make it easy for your followers to sign up.
- Use autoresponders to send follow up confirmation emails.
If you have not started building your list, now is the time to do so. Be yourself as you interact by email and reach more people with your message.
Get more gems by subscribing to BestSeller Gems Newsletter.